Thursday, October 2, 2008

Looking Back



The Boston trip was not quite as enjoyable as I imagined it to be. I loved the one class trip I've taken in the past - to Mexico in 8th grade - and I was hoping the Boston trip would be a similarly incredible experience. My drama teacher in 8th grade, who accompanied us on the trip to Mexico, had lived in the town we stayed in for 4 years, so she could provide us with good tours of the best spots in town. Our tour guide on the boston trip, Steve, just could not match that cohesivness and detail. I did not think the things about Boston that he chose to show us were the most interesting or educational places he could have chosen, and quite frankly, I don't think he was very good at linking information that he gave us together, as tour guides go. We had to get up too early almost every day so I was tired almost the whole trip. And I lost my iPod!!! I did like some parts of the trip, such as the food, the tour of Fenway Pahk, Lexington, Concord, Rockport, and Boston University, and Shear Madness. Overall, though, the trip did not live up to my expectations. Oh well, maybe next year...

No comments: